Saturday, January 2, 2010

Who were the son(s) of Prophet Muhammad?

A good friend of mine once asked me if the Prophet ever had any sons. This question struck me and it made me realise I never thought about it that way because all I ever heard of was the Prophet's daughters (e.g Sayiditina Fatimah) and grandsons (Sayidina Hassan & Hussein). I believe this would be a great topic to be discussed and looked into because I have a great deal of interest and I feel my knowledge is limited on this topic. I also came across a few websites that did mention about The Prophet's sons. For example you can check out this website. However, this website stated below has no sources whatsoever and I am not very sure if it is reliable.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_are_all_the_Prophet_Muhammad's_sons

There was also another website I found which to me seems much more reliable. It says that the Prophet had three sons but they all died at infancy (all of them from Khadijah). You can read more on the website by clicking the URL below.

http://www.themodernreligion.com/prophet/prophet_mixed.htm

So what are your thoughts my dear avid readers? Do not hesitate to share them with not only me, but others as well who are on the same boat.

I also apologise for the lack of updates recently. My reason is simply because I have sold my computer and have not been able to log on but now I finally got myself a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Hadith - Supplicating for Deceased

It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said: "When An-Najashi died, the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, 'Pray for forgiveness for him.'" [Jami At-Tirmidhi - sahih hadith]

We learn here that on being informed about someone's death with the utterance of "we belong to Allah/ inna lillah", one should also supplicate for his/her forgiveness, so that Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) may forgive us as well.